This utility transfers files from the ObitEditor
to a "CSV" file. CSV files are text files with
values separated by commas. These files are a
very common format that many programs can open.
The export utility will export the publisher
sources, archives, and the obituary
Exporting to a CSV File
Using the ObitEditor Program:
From the upper right hand side of the ObitEditor
screen, click on the "CSV Import / Export" tab.
Press the "Import Export" button.
Very few steps are required.
- Select a data file to work with:
- Press the "Select File" button
- or use the file that is automatically
loaded by the ObitEditor.
- Choose the export file names:
- Press the "Select File" buttons "Export
- or press the "Auto Create Export
- Select which type of data to export: All,
Obituaty fields, Publisher Source, or Archive
- Press the "Export" button.
When the utility is finished exporting the files
you may open the output file in another program
such as Microsoft Excel or a plain text editor.